You will find a summary of patches made to 31DEC21 here.
With previous releases, we did not change the
frozen release tar ball; user sites were required to download the text
files and do any compilations themselves. But, beginning with
31DEC04, we provide binary releases for which user sites are not
required to have compilers. Therefore, we have reversed our policy.
These patches have been applied to the official code of 31DEC21 and
may be downloaded using a 31DEC21 "Midnight Job". Any tarball taken
after the change date listed below will already have the patches
applied. Of course, you may still download and compile the files as
The following is a summary list of the patches in this release.
To patch your version of AIPS, run a "MNJ"
- Correct "ccdis" to "cddis" in TEC-related help files. 2022-02-01
- FITLD could not read more than 999 files. 2022-02-07
- APCLN failed due to limits of PLNGET. 2022-02-07
- Application of polarization calibration blanked one channel too
many at each blanked channel. 2022-03-21
- POSSM plotted only one polarization when all data are
combined into one plot. 2022-04-01
- TRUEP had a bad formula and the history file had
- Compile procedures depended on the antique computer
- XAS changed so that Macs do not allow shared memory.
- RSPEC did not set defaults for BLC(3) and TRC(3),
- OFUDG did not extract antenna numbers in the newer
- PRTAB could fail to set printing
- POSSM had a limit of 50
- UVPLT did not compute parallactic angles with the
correct source ID. 2022-06-29
- XYDIF did not access the PP table properly and that
table I/O did not handle blanks properly.
- Minor axis labeling improvements patch made
- CALIB wrote DOFIT into the history file
- TV menu timeouts were computed incorrectly. 2022-07-22
- UVPLT did not do 3 color properly when plotting
individual points (not making an image). 2022-08-12
- NOIFS did not use the correct header (after
calibration) and so could have a source parameter but no
- File creation did not access the available disk space correctly on
Linux and did not do FREESPAC correctly on
- Multi-scale imaging and calibration with extended Clean components
did not work with gridded modeling
- MATCH recorded backwards antenna numbers when the baseline order
had to be switched.2022-10-20
- TECOR had a geometry error causing bad values for positive hour