You will find a summary of patches made to 31DEC22 here.
With previous releases, we did not change the
frozen release tar ball; user sites were required to download the text
files and do any compilations themselves. But, beginning with
31DEC04, we provide binary releases for which user sites are not
required to have compilers. Therefore, we have reversed our policy.
These patches have been applied to the official code of 31DEC21 and
may be downloaded using a 31DEC21 "Midnight Job". Any tarball taken
after the change date listed below will already have the patches
applied. Of course, you may still download and compile the files as
The following is a summary list of the patches in this release.
To patch your version of AIPS, run a "MNJ"
- VHDIF lost the DOINVERS true (add 180 degrees) result when
smoothing the output average PP
- POSSM failed to make IF divider lines in columns > 1. Added
numeric labels to all subimages. 2023-01-13
- TADIF had wrong length for units string and needed to trim the
units and labels and take differences less
- TECOR had an error in geometry affecting the IFR.
- LISTR option POLD (difference of polarizations) failed
- UVPLT would quit on a degerate axis even if a plot range was
- FIXFR had bad file references. 2023-02-16
- UVADD did not copy essential tables (SU, FQ, AN, PO).
- Mercator coordinates were not handled
- PCNTR did not plot the polarization scale when requested if
XYRATIO was set. 2023-03-20
- FITLD could overflow buffers when selecting IFs or channels
with IDI format. 2023-03-28
- RLDIF has a new formula for the position angle of 3C286.
- SOUSP used incorrect frequencies if IF selection was done after
SETJY was run. 2023-03-29
- POSSM had several axis labeling
- VBRFI and VLBRF had errors in plotting data and in labeling the X
- IMAGR had an array that limited the number of channels entering
an image to about 2000. 2023-04-28
- UVMOD was corrected to handle FQCENTER properly.
- UVSUB and OOSUB did not compute OPCODE 'MODL' correctly for
compressed data sets. 2023-06-12
- UV data sets without an FQ table could get wrong frequencies.
- POSSM had horizontal axis labeling issues when not plotting all
IFs and polarizations together (APARM(9) $\neq 0$).
- RLDLY recorded the REFANT incorrectly in the history file.
- RLDIF and VHDIF did not die when no data were found. Also
improved the history file information.2023-07-18