F.6 Additional recipes
F.6.1 Banana stuffing
- Pare and rub 4 bananas through a sieve into bowl.
- Add 1/2 grated onion, 1 green pepper chopped fine, 3 tablespoons finely chopped
parsley, 4 slices cooked bacon chopped fine, 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs, pinch of thyme, 1
teaspoon salt, and 1 egg.
- Mix thoroughly, fill 1 chicken, and roast in the usual manner.
F.6.2 Banana nut bread
- Cream 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup margarine together.
- Add 2 eggs, 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon baking soda and mix
- Add 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), 3/4 cup mashed bananas, and, lastly, 4
teaspoons sour milk and mix well.
- Put in greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 350∘ F oven for 1 hour.