C.14 Additional recipes
C.14.1 Orange baked bananas
- Mix in a saucepan 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1/8
teaspoon cinnamon, and a few grains salt.
- Add gradually, blending in 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Bring rapidly to boiling and cook about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring
- Remove from heat and blend in 11
2 teaspoons grated orange peel, 1/4 cup orange juice,
1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Peel and cut into halves lengthwise 6 bananas with all-yellow or green-tipped peel.
- Arrange halves cut side down in baking dish and brush with about 2 tablespoons melted
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over bananas and then pour the orange sauce over bananas.
- Bake at 375∘ F for 10 to 20 minutes.
C.14.2 Chicken salad with banana mayonnaise and grapes
- Place 3 medium bananas cut in chunks, 2 teaspoons chopped garlic, 3/4 cup non-fat
plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a
blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Arrange 12 cups mixed lettuces on six plates.
- Toss 6 chicken breasts cooked and cubed with banana mayo; divide onto salads.
- Sprinkle with 2 bunches (≈ 48) halved grapes and 1/2 cup walnut or pecan halves.
- Thanks to Chiquita Bananas. See