6.6 Additional recipes
6.6.1 Banana mallow pie
- Combine 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press into 9-inch pie
plate and bake at 375∘ F for 8 minutes.
- Prepare a 3 1/8 ounce package vanilla pie filling using 1 3/4 cup milk. Cover surface
with transparent wrap and chill.
- Fold 1 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows and 1 cup Cool Whip into pie filling.
- Slice 2 bananas into pie crust, pour filling over bananas, and chill several hours or
6.6.2 Sopa de Plátano
- Cook 10 whole red-skinned under-ripe bananas in one quart of water over low heat.
- Peel and mash bananas with 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 1/4 teaspoon orégano, and 1 teaspoon
- Knead the mixture, add a pinch of salt, and fry in 4 tablespoon shortening until slightly
- Chop 4 medium-sized tomatoes, 2 green peppers, and 1 medium-sized onion.
- Fry vegetables in 1/4 cup olive oil about 5 minutes and then add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place banana mixture on serving dish and garnish with the hot vegetables.
- Thanks to Ruth Mulvey and Luisa Alvarez Good Food from