13.43 Additional recipes
13.43.1 Banana Bombay salad
- Puree 3 bananas.
- Whisk with 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, and 1/8 –
1/4 ounce taragon. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut 2 pounds cooked turkey or chicken breast into bitesize pieces.
- Add 1/2 cup raisins, 3 green apples cut into pieces, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Mix.
- Add banana puree and mix. Cut 2 bananas into thick chunks and add. Serve chilled.
- Thanks to Chiquita Bananas. See
13.43.2 Banana curried chicken
- Fry 2 chopped onions in 50 ml cooking oil until light brown.
- Add 1/4 cup cake flour and mix well. Add 1 (cup?) chicken stock gradually while
- Add 1 cup raisins, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 pounds cooked, boned chicken, 5 sliced bananas,
2 grated apples, 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons
curry powder, 1 bay leaf, 4 peppercorns.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Add 1 cup cream and heat just before serving.
- Serve on a bed of rice. Decorate with pineapples if preferred.
- Thanks to Turbana Corporation