B.5 Additional recipes
B.5.1 Banana breeze pie
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter or margarine. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2
teaspoon cinnamon. Stir constantly over low heat until bubbles form around the edges of
- Remove from heat, add 1 cup cornflake cereal crumbs and mix well. Press mixture evenly
into a 9-inch pie pan to form crust. Chill.
- Beat 8 ounces softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add 1 15-ounce can condensed
milk and blend thoroughly. Add 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir until
- Slice 3 ripe bananas and line crust. Pour filling into crust and refrigerate for 2–3 hours or
until firm. Do not freeze.
- Slice 2 ripe bananas, dip in lemon juice and arrange on top of pie. Note. for a change of
pace, use lime juice.
B.5.2 Banana cutlets
- Peel 6 medium-ripe bananas and halve them crosswise.
- Dip them in 1/3 cup lemon juice and then roll in 1 cup crushed cornflake crumbs.
- Saute them in 3 tablespoons butter until a golden brown.
- Serve on lettuce.